His Story - Week 26Watch LIVE online Sunday 10AM at NORTHIRON.live
How can I be happy?Add Notes
Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him. And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.Add Notes
Poverty of spirit means you embrace daily dependence on God for all that you need.Add Notes
The despised will inherit the kingdom.Add Notes
God only fills empty hands.Add Notes
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.Add Notes
Mourning means being relationally connected to others.Add Notes
Blessed are those who…
– Foster children.
– Are involved in ministries.
– Give to Kingdom Forward.
– Choose to have kids.
– Engage in overseas missions.
– Love their community.
“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.Add Notes
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.Add Notes
“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.Add Notes
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.Add Notes
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.Add Notes
“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.Add Notes
Happy Thoughts According to Jesus:
– Happiness is not a set of circumstances, but the fruit of a right relationship with God.
– Happiness is a response to the gospel.
The 10 commandments were not ways they should live in order to be saved, but because they had been saved.Add Notes
Because Jesus Saved Us…
– We can be poor in spirit because we know he promises to be our sufficiency in all things.
– We can mourn with others in their pain because that’s what he did for us.
– We can be meek and take second place because that’s what he did for us.
– We can hunger and thirst for righteousness because the God of righteousness has become our Savior.
– We can be merciful to others because that’s how he was to us.
– We want to be pure in heart so we can know him more.
– We can be a peacemaker instead of seeking vindication because that’s what he did with us.
– We can endure persecution because Jesus’ resurrection shows us it is worth it.
– Have you received Jesus as your Savior?
– Have you embarked on the life of discipleship?
Email Your Notes
You can’t outgive God
Giving online is simple and secure. Whether you’d like to give a single gift, or schedule ongoing giving, you can do it all here.
Find a group that fits you
Branches are small communities of people with common interests, taking the next step in their faith, doing life together. As you take the next step growing, serving, and sharing with others, you’ll find yourself living out the plan that God designed you for.
I’m ready for my next step!
We consider it an honor and a privilege to help you identify and take your next step here at NORTHIRON Church. In fact, we believe there’s a next step for every follower of Jesus, no matter if you’re a new believer or if you’ve been doing this for years. Either way, we’re thrilled you’re here!